Language and Traditional Music Workshop
1-2 hr interactive and experiential workshop focusing on the Irish language, Scots/Irish dialect and traditional music.
Enjoy a homely welcome form the McKinley family who run the centre before enjoying tea, coffee and some homemade scones. Our expert linguists will introduce our beautiful language to you before you get stuck in and learn a few phrases for yourself.
With a few words of Irish in the bag, its time for Danny McKinley to demonstrate how the Irish language has been influenced by our Scottish neighbours and the English language to form our local dialect of Ulster-Scots.
Next up, sit back, relax and marvel as or traditional music experts showcase some of our traditional and more obscure instruments before getting the chance to try out the Tin Whistle and the Bodhran for yourself.
- Welcome from your host, Danny McKinley, to the centre
- Tea, coffee and homemade scones on arrival
- Irish language taster session
- Ulster/ Scots taster session
- Traditional music session demonstration
- Tin whistle and Bodhrán taster session
- 1 – 2 Hours
- Independent travellers, Series tours, Bespoke groups, Comfort stop
Minimum / Maximum numbers:
Minimum numbers –
Maximum numbers –
Each workshop can be tailored to meet the size and time requirements of your group
Causeway Coast Discovery Centre